ASMUN ’18 opening ceremony was held at Salah El Din Citadel in Cairo on Saturday, 17th Feb. 2018 evening. MUN gains a large popularity amongst students from various International Schools and Universities and promotes cultural and diplomatic problem solving skills for students within the rules and responsibilities identified by the United Nations charter worldwide to promote tolerance and impartiality in addition to a more peaceful future. The evening hosted by Ain Shams University MUN student activity was titled: “This is Egypt” and hosted various keynote speakers from prominent walks of life which showed the quality of Egyptians and included:
- Speech of the Director of the UN Information Center Mrs. Radhia Achouri
- Speech of the Representative of the Egyptian Chinese University Ms. Bahiga El Gohary deputizing Dr. Ashraf El Shihy , current President of ECU and the Ex-Minister of Higher Education.
- Speech of the Egyptian Ambassador in Vienna His Excellency Omar Amer
- Speech of great producer Dr. Medhat Al Adl
- Speech of the Dean of the Arab Academy for Science and Technology Dr. Ahmed El Bakaly
Various bands also played alternative Egyptian music which reflected the spirit of youth and creativity of the coming generations.